Monday, February 29, 2016

Still in Cerro

Yep so I'm obviously here in cerro!! Still... and its been great but I really think my body is starting to hate it. It is acting like I'm brand new here. But maybe it was just the stressful last week I had. So to start things off great someone stole our cell phone!!!!  When I was still with hna paez before cambios and we were getting in the taxi. It was just in my jacket pocket. Then it wasn't there anymore and where we live is notorious for thieves. So for this whole next cambio we probably wont have a phone... so its been really hard and stressful in that aspect because we have absolutely no way to communicate with anyone. But its all good! We are learning a lot. 

My new comp is hna Godfrey. Haha another gringa!!! I was really surprised it was a gringa. But I love her a lot. She has one cambio less than me so we are learning together! She is from Logan, UT haha which is great. We have a lot to talk about! She is such a sweetheart and I know I'm going to be learning a lot from her. 
So happy leap year!!! Are you all celebrating? Also happy 7 months! I cant believe I haven't seen you guys or been home in 7 months... that is so weird to think. It is also weird to think that I wont have seen you guys for 18 months. I am not going to lie but a lot of times I think that I'll never even see you guys ever again.  

So at the beginning of my mission I remember getting so depressed and discouraged or even angry when people would reject our contact card, or our visit, or the Book of Mormon but yesterday I realized how much I have changed my perspective. Our purpose as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ. That is literally all we have done! As long as we have testified and invited then we have done our job. That goes for all of you too. You guys should be doing missionary work wherever you go. Remember that people have agency and aren't going to change unless they want to change. It is really cool how fulfilling it is after you invite someone and they still reject you. Because you have still done the work of the Lord. This is the work of the Lord. I know it! I know He is in charge. I am grateful for that. I love my Savior and my mission. I guess all of you haha. Have an amazing week!!!

XOXO
Hna Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment